Sunday, June 12, 2011

Alfred Julius: Levi Strauss & Co.

      During late night brainstorm sessions, I think about what I want this company to represent and where I would like it to eventually lead to. Ideally, Alfred Julius, will evolve into a “Lifestyle Brand” and not a fad that passes with the time.
     I am influenced and encouraged by brands, like my previous “Collaboration” effort, Tiffany’s. These brands represent a level of creative integrity, as well long lasting quality. My latest ideal collaboration would be with the brand, Levi’s. I know putting this design out there is risky, but I’m going to roll with it.                    
      Regardless of collaboration or not, I will be releasing a denim bowtie for each upcoming season. The following will be the F/W ’11 effort , with raw selvedge denim and brass rivet, I feel its a true standout from the rest. Hope you feel the same. If anyone has Levi’s contact info, feel free to pass it this way!


Hope the day brings you joy,

Chike Atu, founder and head designer

No comments:

Post a Comment