Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alfred Julius: Nick Gilbert

This is kind of testimony on who I really am as a person. I’m slightly goofy, sentimental, creative, and fearless.


I currently don’t watch cable TV, saving for a trip and every dollar counts, so I didn’t actually see the NBA Lottery this year. As a result I was immediately contacted by friends and family when the Cavs some how won two picks in Top 4?! Conspiracy? Nope. Dan Gilbert, Cavs owner, allowed his son to be the good luck charm for the team this year. Sure enough it worked to his Godly favor! His son, Nick Gilbert, was also there to bring awareness to the disease; Neurofibromatosis, a tumor disorder. This made me think of my sister whom has suffered from Epilepsy since she was 16 and the profound effect it had on my life growing up with her and the strength she showed despite the disability. His testimony was really touching and then I saw a pic of him! Sure enough the young gladiator was wearing a bowtie on the night of the improbable! So the next day I ran to the fabric store and made a  personal piece just for him. With a little research, I was able to acquire the PR Dept. address and off it went, a personally made bowtie for Nick Gilbert. Did he receive it? I may never know. Am I happy I sent it? Hell Yeah. Hope he enjoys it.




May the day bring you joy,


Chike Atu, founder and head designer





      Patchwork Madras, with a hint of Cavs/Browns colorway


 Alfred Julius Packaging



No comments:

Post a Comment