Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alfred Julius: Music

  


 I was born and raised below the Mason Dixie. Therefore, That makes me Southern. I’m the youngest of five siblings. Therefore, That makes me influenced. These are two things I share with the very very talent MC, Big K.R.I.T. He is Southern to the bottom of his feet and I can hear the cadence when he tells his Southern tales of growing up in the 90’s and 00’s. With every track buy him, you can hear the influence from the Southern greats, Scarface, UGK, MJG, Outkast, Goodie Mob. He currently has two GREAT “mixtapes”, more like albums in rotation on my iPod rotation “Krit wuz here” and “Return 4 Eva". I choose one track in particular,”Dreamin”, because it reminds me of growing up in Little Rock and the dreams I had. I was basically wishing on a star, some encouraged, some laughed, But I never stopped “Dreamin” on what I wanted to accomplish in life. Thank you Krit, Keep on telling your story to a funky southern beat.


Hope the day brings you joy,

Chike Atu, ceo and head designer


No comments:

Post a Comment