Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Welcome: Alfred Julius Journal

    Alfred Julius, a men's accessories collection, originated in Brooklyn,NY; of  unique fabrications and innovative designs based around the traditional neck wear worn by distinguished gentlemen over history. The "official" launch of this brand will ideally be on August 24, 2011, but there is alot that needs to be done before that can ever happen!
     I, Chike Atu,will be using the blog as an outlet to allow followers to see the development of the brand over the next couple years. I will do an entry once a week, Wednesdays, on the progress of the brand. What obstacles I have been faced with, what new designs/fabrications I have developed, and any break throughs I might have (funding, buys, meetings, etc...). Some entries will be simply inspiration pics I've compiled over the last 5 years in NYC, some will be long rants about unjust cost of fabrics, and some will be triumphant! You never know. I think  this will give inspiring designers a real idea on how the system works... and hopefully will help me remain focused and determined to bring my dreams to life. If this can help be a testimony to a young designer, then my reason for this blog will be fullfilled. It will be raw, fun, and hopefully inspiring.

Hope the day brings you joy,

Chike Atu , founder and head designer

No comments:

Post a Comment